Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you retrive a hard drive that is unavailable?

I had 2 hard drives, C: and F:. After instaling a newer version of Panda Internet Security I noticed that Drive F: had dissapeared from my drive storage lists and all shortcuts asociated with F: are showing a error stating The drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable. It no longer shows up in My Computer under drives. I was going to do a System Restore but I was warned by a window that this would not return my F: drive



How do you retrive a hard drive that is unavailable?abtuvurys 2005



Go to your control panel, administrative tools, computer management, and select Disk management. You can look at the physical drives there and possibly diagnose the problem. If you don't see the drive, check that it's properly connected.



How do you retrive a hard drive that is unavailable?antivirus programs



I would suggest renaming your 2 CD drives to higher letters, like J: and K: and see if your hdd shows up as D:



Its always best to have all your hdd partitions lettered before any CD drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment